Thursday, September 9, 2010

Last Call for Breaking and Entering

I'm hoping for one more after-dark exploration of the well-known Glenn Dale Hospital before its demolished.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/09/08/AR2010090805502.html?hpid=dynamiclead&sid=ST2010090900002

This condemned and thought to be haunted hospital put a tiny town known as Glenn Dale on the map. Growing up I would always ask my Dad to take the long route home, just so we could drive by Glenn Dale hospital, and I could let my young imagination run wild. I remember rolling down the window to peek my head out just so I could get a closer look - it gave me chills every time! Years later, I got that close look by exploring the tunnels and buildings with friends (those of us who dared to enter). It would be a shame to see it torn down for memory-sake and for the thrill-seekers growing up in the area.

No comments:

Post a Comment